Join fellow industry leaders from the comfort of your office, and tap into a wealth of information on key topics surrounding nutrition education. Each webinar will focus on a topic that has been suggested by PA NEN members through conference and workshop evaluations.
New PA NEN webinars will resume September 2019.
In the meantime, be sure to view the list of available recorded webinars by clicking here.
- Title: Obesity Prevention from the Lens of the Food Insecure
- Presenters: Amanda Dolan, MS, RDN, LDN, Registered Dietitian from Amanda D. Nutrition and Amanda Frankeny, RDN, LDN, Community Nutritionist at the Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
- Webinar Description: The food-as-medicine prescription has been around for decades. But, it’s finally making inroads as medical institutions, food pantries, and other organizations as they make food a formal part of care. As they pave the way, their food and health advice must take into account the whole person’s life - income, issues surrounding poverty, education, race, safety, culture, transportation, housing, insurance, emotional well-being, access to healthy food, and so much more. Innovative partnerships take these factors into account as they look to develop better diabetes prevention strategies, increase the distribution of healthy foods for everyone, address food insecurity in healthcare settings, and more. Come explore the importance of intentional partnerships as they build communities that disrupt cycle of hunger. See how they create places where healthy food is more appealing, affordable, and easily accessible for everyone. Even better, food pantries and other community agencies play a huge role these solutions.
- Date: September 15, 2019
- Registration: Open in August 2019
- Continuing Education Credits: Pending