This showcase honored Culinary Arts students from across Pennsylvania who submitted winning, simple, scrumptious recipes using foods provided by Pennsylvania food banks.
These students led a food demonstration at the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank's test kitchen. They showed how they made their recipe for other food and nutrition professionals from across the state.
Student Chefs and Winning Recipes from Vocational Technical Schools Across the State:
- Winner - Ryan Gill, Pennsylvania Cyber - Chicken Croquettes
- Runner-Up -Sarah Gibbs, Team Leader for the Northern Tier Career Center - Chicken Penne with Broccoli
- Runner-Up - Evan Ocker, Carlisle High School - Healthy Sweet Potato and Pear Mash
- Amy Flaherty – Director of Nutrition and Physical Activity at the Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Sandy Hopple – Assistant Director of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture's Bureau of Food Distribution
- Lenelle Bear – West Capital Region Nutrition Links Coordinator on Family and Consumer Science Team within Penn State Extension
- Sandra Garcia – Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey’s Regional Manager
2018 showcase video
2018 News feature on ABC27 Good Day PA
Highlights from 2017