- PA NEN Annual Conference
- Eat Together PA
- Nutrition Education Programming in PA
- Keystone Kids Go!
- PA TRACKS
2013 Summer/Fall Workshop
How to Make Nutrition, Fitness and
Cooking Demos Exciting, Fun and Inspirational!
Facilitated by Zonya Foco, RD, CSP, CHFI
November 14, 2013
Westmoreland County Extension Office
7 Spots Remaining
Teaching nutrition is a vitally important job. But what’s even more important? Motivating and inspiring your clients to USE what you’re teaching them! With professional speaker, author and TV host Zonya Foco, RD, you’ll get the tips, tricks and insider secrets you need to transform your “teaching” into “inspiring.” Each location is limited to 30 registrants.
- Participants will be able to make the topics of nutrition and fitness fun, engaging and inspiring by utilizing creative props, humorous analogies, physical movement and inspiring stories.
- Participants will learn energizing songs and moves so they can confidently lead their groups in “getting up and moving.”
- Participants will learn a simplified weekly menu-planning and grocery-shopping system that is turn-key and easy to teach others.
- Participants will have all the guidance they need (complete with grocery lists, equipment lists and main nutrition teaching points) to present at least 5 “Lickety-Split” recipe cooking demonstrations, plus have all the reproducible recipes for dozens more.
But Wait, There’s More…
You’ll also get an extensive booklet covering all of the details of this session, plus a copy of Zonya’s best-selling 400-page cookbook, Lickety-Split Meals for Health Conscious People on the Go, a $24.95 value. Included with the cookbook is publisher permission for YOU to photocopy recipes and share with your audiences. This alone is worth the price of admission!
Simply join Zonya, 25-year veteran registered dietitian, TV host, and Certified Health and Fitness Instructor, as she shares her secrets for combining the art of a great cooking presentation with expert nutrition and fitness knowledge…all through awesome, simple, low-cost, and DOABLE ideas that you can start using immediately. Learn more about Zonya at www.Zonya.com.
This one day culinary-nutrition workshop focuses on preparing health-supportive dishes using a variety of convenience-oriented kitchen equipment, affordable familiar ingredients and basic cooking techniques. Recipes are purposely chosen to illustrate that healthful and affordable meal preparation is achievable in minimal time, using limited cooking equipment and basic cooking skills.
CEUs - Pending