Grab those chips & start dippin'!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Recipe Makes: 12 servings
- 1 package of low-fat cream cheese (1 8-oz. bar or 1-cup of cream cheese)
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium vegetarian beans, undrained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese (or 2 cups block cheese, shredded)*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom of an 8-inch by 8-inch baking or casserole dish.
- Dump canned beans, undrained; and spread on top of cream cheese.
- Drain canned tomatoes ,and combine with garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl. Spoon on top of beans.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
- Let cream cheese soften before placing into baking dish to make it easier to spread.
- Grated or sliced block cheese or processed cheese may be used in place of shredded cheese.
- If you do not have a grater, slice the cheese thinly and lay it on top of the food.
1/2 cup of the Nacho Bean Dip provides:
- 139 Calories, 10 g. Fats, 6 g. Saturated Fat, 255 mg. Sodium, 5 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Fiber, 8 g. Protein
This recipe contains milk:
*If you are allergic to milk-based cheese, try soy-based cheese or other dairy-free alternative.
This recipe is not recommended for kids under the age 4 years old and under.