Try this fun, flavorful meatloaf for an easy dinner or the perfect take-along lunch!
- Serving Size: 2 muffin meatloaves
- Recipe Makes: 6 servings
- Cooking oil spray, as needed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk (or 1/2 cup reconstituted, non-fat, dry milk)
- 3/4 cup dry oats
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced, or cut into very small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup any variety of grated cheese
- Dipping sauce: chili suace, katchup, and/or hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, and mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups
- Bake for 25 minutes or untill temperature in the center of the meatloaf is 160 degrees.
- Cool slightly before removing from muffin cups.
- You can dip meatloaf into the condiments listed above.
- Combine meatloaf ingredients until well mixed, but don't over mix.
- Safety Tip: Cook your meat loaves to 160 degrees. Use meat thermometer to test temperature. That way, you'll know that your loaves will be completely and safely cooked without being dried out from overheating.
- For easy clean-up, spoon the meatloaf mixture into paper muffin tin liners within each of the muffin tins.
A serving of Mighty Muffin Meatloaf provides:
- 230 Calories, 12 g. Fats, 5 g. Saturated Fats, 330 mg. Sodium, 8 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Fiber, 21 g. Protein
This recipe contains milk and eggs:
*If you are allergic to milk-based cheese, try soy-based cheese or other dairy free alternative. Or, try1/2 cup of water in place 1/2 cup of milk, reconstituted dry milk, or allergy-friendly milk.
**If you are allergic to eggs, try using 1/4 cup plain yogurt in place of each egg.