Why settle for an average cracker snack when you can try this?
- Serving Size: 1 Funny Face Cracker
- Recipe Makes: 1 Funny Face Cracker
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter, nut butter or seed butter*
- 1 graham cracker (or use whole grain or saltine crackers)**
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 half-inch pieces of canned or fresh, peeled fruit (like peeled peaches, peeled pears, banana slices or crushed pineapple)
- 2 cooked, green peas
- 1 grape (quartered)
- Spread nut or seed butter on a cracker in the shape of a face.
- Sprinkle grated cheese at top for hair.
- Place half-inch pieces of fruit on cracker for a mouth.
- Use peas for eyes and a quarter of a grape for a nose.
1 Funny Face Cracker provides:
- 190 Calories, 12 g. Fats. 3 g. Saturated Fats, 203 mg. Sodium, 16 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Fiber, 7 g. Protein
This recipe contains tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, soy and milk.
*If you are allergic to peanut butter, choose from these nut butter spreads: almond, and cashew or allergy-friendly soy, pumpkin, and sunflower seed butter.
**Check the ingredients list on the box of this product for other foods you might be allergic to. If you are allergic to wheat or gluten, select a gluten-free cracker instead.
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Make sure the crackers dissolve or break up easily in your child’s mouth. Crackers that are hard to chew are choking hazards.
- Mix in yogurt and a little milk with peanut butter to spread thinly on the crackers.