Thank you to our Sponsors:
Included on this page is helpful information as you prepare for the PA NEN & PA SNAP-Ed Joint conference.
The Kalahari Resort & Convention Center is a large venue. While all of the meeting space is located in the Convention Center, you may need to walk a bit of a distance from your hotel room, or the parking lot to get to the Convention Center. So strap on a pair of comfortable shoes, and be sure to have your fitbit and pedometers on, as you will be able to log a lot of steps!
Nursing Moms - There is a Mother's Room located in the Convention Center.
- Will be located outside Salon A, by the East Foyer
- Click here for a floor map of the hotel
- Upon check in, you will receive an attendee folder that will include onsite registration confirmation/agenda that includes the list of sessions you are registered for, along with the rooms that the sessions will be held in
- Many of the sessions are full, please attend the sessions you are preregistered for
- Click here for the onsite agenda
Monday, April 30
- 11:15 am - 2:00 pm: Box Lunch: Will be located in the North Foyer
- Dinner - On your own - Onsite Hotel Restaurants
Tuesday, May 1 - Thank you to Sun Maid for Sponsoring the Breakfast and Breakfast Keynote
- 7:00 - 8:00 am: Breakfast Buffet
- 10:30 - 11:15 am: Break/ Light Refreshments
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Buffet Lunch (staggered)
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (CDR)
- PA NEN has been approved to provide up to 9 CPEUs.
- Exhibit Hours – 1
- Poster Hours – 1
- CPEUs Hours – 7
Approval Verification Activity #139378
Act 48 - Approved for up to 9 credit hours through Intermediate Unit 11
- Act 48 - Approved for up to 9 credit hours through Intermediate Unit 11
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Approved for up to 12 credit hour
- As You Wish Promotions
- Julia Grocki
- Fresh Baby
- West Chester University of PA
- Dept. of Human Services
- Healthy Pantry Partners, Sarah Wood, BS-NDTR, Programs Manager, Food Bank of Delaware
- Fresh2You Mobile Marketing: Food Justice on the Move, Alexandra Steinmetz, Chester County Food Bank
- Improving Food Security Status through Community Based Research, Iza Munoz, Agency Relations Coordinator, Chester County Food Bank
- SNAP-Ed Programming Improves Nutrition and Physical Activity Environments at Out-of-School Time Sites in Philadelphia, Vanessa Karamanian, MD, Assistant Director, Health Promotion Council
- Date: Tuesday, May 1
Time: 10:30 - 11:15 am
Salon G: NEW! Speaker Round Tables. This will be a great time to meet with speakers to ask more in depth questions about their session, and to learn more about the outreach and service initiatives they are involved in. You can click on each of the presenters name to read their bio, and learn more about the session(s) they are presenting. Confirmed Table Hosts:
- Kilene Knitter, RD, Nutritionist, Giant Food Stores
- Lauren Nocito, MS, RD, LDN, Director of Nutrition Education, School District of Philadelphia (Eat.Right.Now.)
- Clancy Harrison, MS, RDN, FAND, Healthy Living Lifestyle, LLC
- Kathy Parry, Owner and Founder, Wellness Road Trip/ Kathy Parry, LLC, Plenary Session and Breakout Session
- Lori McMonigal, Coordinator for Special Projects, TIU 11 Community Education and Workforce Services
Jorja Barton, Health Innovations Coordinator, Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
- Salon H: An open space with comfortable seating to relax and recharge as you reconnect with colleagues and make new connections.
- NEW this year is a selfie station. The selfie frame will be traveling around the convention center looking for people having fun and exciting about having their photo 'snapped'
- The 2018 #tags - #JointConference2018, #PANEN2018, #PASNAPED, #EatLivePlay, #NutritionEducatorsRock, #EatTogetherPA
The attendee who has the photo with the most share and or likes will win a FREE 20019 Conference Registration.
- Monday, April 30 @ 11:45 am: Opening Plenary Session - Meeting Resistance to Nutrition Education with Resilience
- Monday, April 30 @ @ 2:15 pm: Closing the Gap Between Good Intentions and Healthy Habits
- Tuesday, May 1 @ 8:00 am: Breakfast Keynote - Let's Eat Mindfully
- Tuesday, May 1 @ 9:15 am: Growing Healthy Children through Continuous Quality Improvement - Handout 1, Handout 2, Handout 3, Handout 4
- Tuesday, May 1 @ 11:15 am: Applications for the New Sugar Labeling Laws (Sponsored by Sun Maid)
- Tuesday, May 1 @ 1:30 pm: Applications for the New Sugar Labeling Laws (Sponsored by Sun Maid)
- Tuesday, May 1 @ 1:30 pm: Collaborating on Food Access
- Tuesday, May @ @ 1:30 pm: Closing the Gap Between Good Intentions and Healthy Habits
If you have any questions, please contact PA NEN's office at 717.233.1791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.