NOTE: Not all materials listed below are approved for SNAP-Ed use.
The Center of Disease Control and Prevention Fruit & Vegetable Resources:
- People can lose weight with fruits and vegetables.
Fruits & Vegetables More Matters Resources:
- Click here to visit Fruits and Vegetables More Matters website
- Finds tips for buying fruits and vegetables on budget here
- Click here for videos for preparing meals with fruits and vegetables
- Visit their fruit and vegetable recipe database
MyPlate Fruit & Vegetable Resources:
- MyPlate website: www.Choosemyplate.gov
- What are fruit and vegetable food groups? Click here to learn more!
- A handout: 10 tips - Liven Up your Meals with Fruits and Vegetables
Penn State Extension Nutrition Link’s Produce Resources:
- Penn State Extension's "Totally Veggie" curriculum and online course are designed to teach children and families to eat more frutis and vegetables (Online course comes at a cost.)
The Pennsylvania Produce Guide from Penn State Extension
- On page 4, you’ll find a “Harvest Guide” that shows when locally grown produce is available at local farmers’ markets
- Learn about storing, prepping, cooking and clean eating tips in videos for hard-to-use Pennsylvania produce.
SNAP-Ed Produce Resource:
- A Seasonal Produce Guide from Snap-Ed Connection
- California's Department of Health's "Harvest of the Month" newsletters for families, community members, and educators
Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services Produce Resource:
- Nutrition and Physical Activity Lesson Plan about fresh fruits and vegetables