The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network's Outreach Committee is hosting a recipe contest! They're looking for simple, healthy, scrumptious recipes using foods provided by Pennsylvania food banks or food pantries.
PANEN is seeking high school and college culinary arts students to submit recipes.
- February 2-April 20: Recipes must be submitted.
- April 27: A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner will be chosen.
- May 15: The top three recipes will be presented at the Central PA Food Bank.
- May 15: The top three recipes will autmatically be submitted to the national “What’s Cooking USDA Mixing Bowl” recipe database.
- The students who created the top three winning recipes will be invited to lead a food demonstration at the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank's test kitchen. Winners will show how they made their recipe for other food and nutrition professionals.
- The top three recipe will automatically be submitted and potentially recognized on the national recipe database, “What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl”.
- Students and their recipes will also be featured on PA NEN's website.
Questions? Email PA NEN or call 717-233-1791!