The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network's Outreach Committee is hosting a recipe contest! They're looking for simple, healthy, scrumptious recipes using foods provided by Pennsylvania food banks or food pantries.
View highlights from last year's event here.
PANEN is seeking high school and college culinary arts students to submit recipes.
- February 1-April 9, 2018: Recipes must be submitted.
- April 26, 2018: A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner will be chosen.
- May 16, 2018: The top three recipes will be presented at the Central PA Food Bank.
- May 17, 2018: The top three recipes will autmatically be submitted to the national “What’s Cooking USDA Mixing Bowl” recipe database.
- The students who created the top three winning recipes will be invited to lead a food demonstration at the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank's test kitchen. Winners will show how they made their recipe for other food and nutrition professionals.
- The top three recipe will automatically be submitted and potentially recognized on the national recipe database, “What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl”.
- Students and their recipes will also be featured on PA NEN's website.
- The top winner will have a chance to make his/her recipe on ABC27's Good Day PA.
Questions? Email PA NEN or call 717-233-1791.