Nutrition Literacy Doesn't Have to Be Scary!
ONLY 16 SPOTS REMAINING!
Over the last couple of years, PA NEN members have expressed interest in adding webinars to our training schedule, and we are excited to announce that the first webinar will be held on 10/31/2017!
About the Webinar
Talking to patients, clients, the community, and even other health care professionals about nutrition shouldn’t be scary. Nutrition literacy is a hot topic and we aren’t going back away from talking about it. We are going to discuss ways to effectively speak with all individuals about nutrition regardless of their literacy level. You are not going to want to miss this PA NEN's first Webinar!
- Understand the importance of nutrition literacy
- Recognize nutrition literacy disparities in the community
- Identify ways to effectively educate individuals regardless of nutrition literacy level
- Date: Tuesday, October 31
- Time: 12:00 - 1:00 pm (EST)
Registration: Click here to register
- Registration is limited to 100 people (as of 10/16, there are 16 spots remaining)
- Group/Organizational registration is available (due to limited space, please register one person and share the screen when possible)
- Cost: FREE
- Credits: 1 hour CDR (pending approval)
If you are unable to attend the webinar at the scheduled time, a recording will be available 48 hours after the event.
About the Presenter - Amanda G. Dolan, M.S., R.D.N., L.D.N.
Amanda is a registered dietitian and blogger. She has experience in clinical nutrition, outpatient nutrition counseling, community nutrition, worksite wellness, and nutrition education. Amanda’s expertise includes oncology nutrition, cancer prevention, weight management, mindful eating, and disease prevention. With her experience on the PA NEN board, Amanda understands the need for nutrition intervention in the low-income populations throughout Pennsylvania. Besides hanging out with her darling husband, 5-year old daughter and identical twin toddler boys Amanda also loves the outdoors, vegetable gardening, and her Pittsburgh Penguins!