- identifies novel nutrition initiatives
- creates evidence-based nutrition resources
- grows PA NEN's "Eat.Together.PA" Social Marketing Campaign encouraging affordable family meals for all Pennsylvanians.
Learn more about the history of this committee here.
- Guide the development and implementation of the social marketing campaign.
- Drive expansion of PA NEN's social marketing and indirect nutrition education activities.
- Utilizing the broad scope of the committee, they evaluate the appropriateness of PA NEN's nutrition education materials for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Porgram (SNAP), food bank and food pantry participants. 120,000+ pieces of these materials are distributed annually.
The committee will maximize the impact of social marketing and other nutrition education interventions for the SNAP-eligible population.
The social marketing campaign, Eat.Together.PA, will reach targeted populations (in Lancaster, Tioga, Allegheny, Philadelphia, Crawford, Dauphin, and Somerset counties) throughout 2016-2018. Expansion will continue in future years.
Conference calls will occur on the fourth Thursday of every month at 9:00 AM.
Social Marketing Committee Members for 2016
Pat Druhan, Chair - Director of Food Resources & Nutrition at Montgomery County Community Action Development Commission
Amy Deahl-Greenlaw - Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant
Muffin Friedman - Director at Philadelphia School District (retired)
Carolyn Gilles - Penn State Extension (retired)
Christine Mullin - PA NEN Executive Director
Cheryl Beling - Registered Dietitian (retired)
Jorja Barton - Director of Agency Relations at Central PA Food Bank (retired)
Susan Cubbage - Director at Fulton County Food Basket
Miguel Ramirez - PA NEN Member (retired)
Christine Brennan - Project Director at Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Tracks
Devon Sunberg - Coordinator of Dietetic Services at Philadelphia School District's Division of Food Services
Laura Sahd - Masters Student at the University of Delaware
Catharine Harrison - Registered Dietitian, Nutrition Consultant and Owner of NutriWise LLC
Meghan Zook - Registered Dietitian and Nutrition & Refugee Program Assistant in Beirut, Lebanon
Amanda Frankeny, PA NEN Staff Liason