This group recruits new Network members and Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program (PA NEP) project sponsors, and also provides support and direction to Network staff involved in PA NEN membership and attracting new PA NEP project sponsors.
- Develop and implement a plan focusing on recruitment, retention, and reclamation of PA NEN members
- Create value-added services t omaintain and grow PA NEN member involvement
- Assist PA NEN staff in identifying opportunities to promote PA NEN and its mission and goals
Future Vision and Role in Strategic Direction of PA NEN:
- Increase collaboration between community educators and universities with an interest in nutrition to support SNAP-Ed’s goal and objectives.
- Partner/collaborate with community nutrition course instructors to present PA NEN and SNAP-Ed work in PA.
- Click here to view the Strategic Directions goals, objectives, and tactics in more detail.
The committee generally meets, via conference call the second Tuesday of month from 1:00 - 2:00 pm.
2017 - 2018 Committee Members:
Karima Rose, Chair, Consultant/Freelance
Carolyn Gilles, Retired, PSU Cooperative Extension
Elise Gurgevich, Penn State Nutrition Links
Cindy Javor, PSU Cooperative Extension - Allegheny County
Bob Roebuck, Central PA Food Bank
Rose Palotta-Cleland, PA NEN Staff Liason