The PA Nutrition Education Network (PA NEN) invites proposals for conference workshops and breakout sessions for the 2018 Annual Conference April 30- May 1 in Pocono Mountain, PA. The Annual Conference will provide attendees with strategies and tools to use in the ever-changing world of nutrition and health. Submissions are due October 20, 2017.
In 2018, PA NEN will be joining forces with PA SNAP-Ed and conference programming will focus on three key themes:
- Addressing the nutrition needs of low income Pennsylvanians
- The process of inspiring long lasting, positive behavior change
- Incorporating physical activity into the lives of those we serve
Types of Proposals Accepted:
NEW! Conference Workshops
Workshops are approximately 2.5 hours in length and provide an in-depth look at a topic.
Are typically 60 or 90 minute presentations. They can be a panel or a single presenter.
Guidelines for topics:
- All topics must fall in line with the allowability of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) Plan Guidance for FY 2018, Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Program.
- A brief list of allowable and unallowable topics has been created, click here to view. Page numbers are provided on this PDF, which will provide you with a reference point to the Plan Guidance that will provide more details regarding the allowable and unallowable topics.
- Please click here for more details regarding submission guidelines, honorarium/reimbursements, and due dates.