The PA Nutrition Education Network (PA NEN) invites proposals for conference workshops and breakout sessions for the 2018 Annual Conference April 30- May 1 in Pocono Mountain, PA. The Annual Conference will provide attendees with strategies and tools to use in the ever-changing world of nutrition and health. Submissions are due October 20, 2017.
In 2018, PA NEN will be joining forces with TRACKS and conference programming will focus on three key themes:
- Addressing the nutrition needs of low income Pennsylvanians
- The process of inspiring long lasting, positive behavior change
- Incorporating physical activity into the lives of those we serve
Types of Proposals Accepted:
NEW! Conference Workshops
Workshops are approximately 2.5 hours in length and provide an in-depth look at a topic.
Are typically 60 or 90 minute presentations. They can be a panel or a single presenter.
Guidelines for topics:
- All topics must fall in line with the allowability of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) Plan Guidance for FY 2018, Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Program.
- A brief list of allowable and unallowable topics has been created, click here to view. Page numbers are provided on this PDF, which will provide you with a reference point to the Plan Guidance that will provide more details regarding the allowable and unallowable topics.
- Please click here for more details regarding submission guidelines, honorarium/reimbursements, and due dates.